Monday, January 10, 2011

HI MOM AND DAD!

November 26 – December 5

Yay!! Just after our trip to Maasai Mara, Mom and Dad came to Kenya to visit me! Their flight got in late on Friday night, and I took a driver out to meet them. It took a while for them to find Mom’s bags, so we got to their hotel – The Laico Regency – very late. Enough time for me to sit with them for a while, and then catch a taxi back to my house. Over the weekend, Mom and Dad went out to dinner with my friends, and met my Mom and brother – everyone got along great! Monday – Thursday, Mom and Dad went on safari to Nakuru (flamingo-land) and then to the Mara to see the “Big 5,” which are elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard. They saw all five!! Lucky! We missed the leopard on our trip.

When they came back we did a lot of shopping, walking around, Mom and I went to the giraffe sanctuary and fed the giraffes (she LOVED it – me too of course!), and Mom and I went out for tea with Lillian and Roseanne.

Here are some pictures from the short time they were here:


me, Rosie and Lillian after tea

Rosie, Mom, Lillian

In the K Room!!

Mimansa, Megan, and I in the K Room

Dad and I!! This is my apartment,
the circled window is MY window!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie .. loved the pictures. You, your mom and dad in Kenya!! Wow!! Keep 'em coming. Sorry you're missing out on all the snow back in the USA!! We'll save some until you get home! Love you .. G&G

    ReplyDelete