Thursday, September 23, 2010

can't think of name

Sunday September 19, 2010

Today seemed to go on forever! It probably didn't help that Kevin, some of his friends, Amelia and I were out until 4am last night!! Nairobi really becomes alive at night. But finally Amelia and I said we were too tired and had to go home. We slept for maybe a few hours, and then got up to go on a planned trip with Amelia's host sister and some Norwegian students who are here for an exchange program.

First we went to a polo game!! Who knew Africa had polo teams? I didn't. It was really cool because I'd never seen one before. The crowd was full of whities (rich whities) but there were a few Africans there. Amelia and I left in the middle of the game and went to go pet the many horses that were waiting to be used on the field.





After the polo game, we went to a giraffe feading park! This was different than the last one, because we were up on a platform and the giraffes had to reach up to grab the food, instead of leaning their necks down. This meant that their slobbery, purple tongues were all over your hands. It was both gross and completely cool.






It was a long day and at the end of it all Amelia and I were both completely exhausted. I got home around 6pm, had a little bit to eat and fell right to sleep through the night.

Until next time!

-me

2 comments:

  1. Hey there little Miss Night Owl! Up until 4 a.m.! Glad you are mixing in some fun with your studies. Wonderful pictures (it still amazes me how someone can take a picture and then get it onto a computer) and with all your visits to pet the animals I'm wondering if you aren't headed toward becoming a veterinarian! Looked like a fun time for you and your friends. G & G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom says the two pictures of you feeding the giraffes are the greatest! I agree. I can hear your squeal. Love you dearly! mom and dad

    ReplyDelete